Audio Content Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Audio Content Manager (Hip Hop)
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Amazon Music is looking for a creative and organized Audio Content Manager that will own the end-to-end production and operations for a new listening experience. The Audio Content Manager must have a strong Editorial sense for what makes a best in class hip-hop listening experience for music fans, drawing on best practices from across the audio media spectrum, including podcasts and terrestrial radio. Working back from that, the Audio Content Manager will provide editorial oversight of audio content, manage day-to-day workflows with contributing talent and external production resources, and coordinate with multiple internal teams. They will also script content, help drive ongoing improvement of tooling, and define production processes. The Audio Content Manager will analyze usage reports and work with tech and content teams to adjust features and content as needed, as well as perform quality assurance work in partnership with those tech teams to ensure content is appropriately configured for production deployments, content updates and fixes.
• Develop and manage production for a world-class listening experience, using internal and external resources
• Manage production timelines and processes
• Test and measure to ensure the experience maintains Editorial relevance
• Project manage workflows with internal and freelance stakeholders
• Collaborate with other internal teams, including tech and artist/label relations to ensure that content remains timely and best-in-class
• 5 years of experience in a editorial and/or production role developing a customer facing audio program or experience
• Hip-hop subject matter expertise and/or experience collaborating with artists and industry on world-class content
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• A track record of developing processes and production calendars or timelines
• Proven ability to thrive in a fluid environment and think on the fly
• Experience working with multiple teams / stakeholders