ASVP Post Supervisor
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios Virtual Production (ASVP) is looking for an ASVP Post Supervisor for our Unreal-based system. You will be working at the historic Culver Studios - where Gone with the Wind, King Kong, and ET were shot, to name a few. Come help move this rich tradition forward. You will interface with production to help filmmakers create Amazon Original Movies and Series for Prime Video. Our projects include critically acclaimed, award-winning originals like Fleabag, Sound Of Metal and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and ground-breaking, popular series and movies like The Boys, Jack Ryan, Carnival Row, The Underground Railroad, One Night in Miami, and more. We want to make the filmmaking process as accessible and as powerful as possible so that filmmakers will love working here.
ASVP seeks to enhance every aspect of the filmmaking process. You must be a builder at heart and a collaborator in spirit. This position will work closely with key creatives, production, post production, and support the Virtual Production effort for Amazon Original Movies and Series for Prime Video. You'll be assisting in the setup and execution of workflows for color, editorial, and sound prior to photography, during, and after photography wraps. We obsess over the filmmaker and the filmmaking process. Help play a key role in innovating new ways to increase creativity in the production pipeline and maintain fidelity of the signal throughout the process.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with Amazon Studios Post Exec/Post Prod Manager on all post-production needs for virtual production.
• Be familiar and work with post-production vendors/rentals; editing facility, sound facility, picture finishing, etc. as it relates to a virtual production LED volume.
• Ability to assess post production challenges of projects with and for Amazon Execs.
• Ability to evaluate color, editorial and audio technical workflows on a VP stage.
• Setup and/or maintain on-prem editorial workflow and cloud pipeline services.
• Camera testing, additional integration with VP.
• VFX oversight shot specs
• Work with Editor in pre, prod, and post.
• Work with Colorist in pre, prod, and post.
• Work with Audio in pre, prod, and post.
• Work with DIT in pre, prod, and post.
• Work with the DIT and data manager to create plan for camera data to be securely backed up, transcoded, synced, delivered to editorial, and uploaded to secure sharing services like PIX immediately after shoot to enable producer and/or studio dailies reviews.
• Work with the on-set DIT or Data Manager to ensure ingested footage/data is correctly backed up, secured and transcoded for PIX and editorial upload.
• Provide weekly updates to the ASVP execs, producers, and Amazon Studios execs.
• Ability to communicate and document post production technical workflows
• Prior post and editorial problem-solving abilities
• 3 years experience in Film or TV production and post production
• Experience with video and audio media asset delivery
• Desire to learn new technologies in virtual production