Analyst, Industry Relations
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Analyst, Industry Relations - Amazon Music, New Projects
Want to build the future of music and audio entertainment?
Imagine being part of an agile team, where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision working within a startup atmosphere, while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company. Picture working on bleeding-edge consumer-facing products, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Welcome to Amazon Music's New Projects team.
Our team builds new experiences for Amazon Music listeners. We help our customers discover up-and-coming creators, while also having access to their favorite music and podcasts. We build systems that are distributed around the world, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward experiences on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amazon Music products support our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that listeners love.
Amazon Music's New Projects team is looking for founding team members across a variety of functions, including software engineering/development, product, marketing, and more. Come make history, as we launch new projects for millions of listeners.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for an Analyst who is a master of both data insights and strategic thinking. Primary areas of focus will be 1) Data Democratization, enabling others with the ability to self-serve metrics and reporting, and 2) Creator Insights, analyzing creator performance on owned platforms and externally to understand drivers of engagement. This includes implementation and maintenance of BI reporting tools (Tableau/Excel), defining metrics and KPIs, and deep-diving large, sometimes ambiguous data sets.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling) and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Interface with broad business and ops team gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solution
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support creator acquisition team
• Perform creative deep dive analyses to explain findings and generate new ideas
• Interact with internal stakeholders to share insights from monitoring and deep dive analyses
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline
* 3 years of work experience of analyzing and interpreting data as an analyst, business intelligence engineer, or at a similar capacity
* Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tool(s) to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
* Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
* Proficient using at least one data visualization product (Tableau, Qlik, Amazon QuickSight, Power BI, etc.)
* Ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders