Visual Effects Production Coordinator
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are currently seeking an experienced visual effects production coordinator to support the visual effect department. You will be organizing and tracking each show from setup through production and wrap deliverables. This role will be both internal and external facing, as you work with stakeholders at the studio and show level. You will leverage your excellent organizational skills while handling both sensitive and confidential material for our stakeholders.
• Manage daily, weekly, monthly schedule for Global Head of Visual Effects
• Assist in the breakdown of scripted materials to determine scope of visual effects
• Assist in the preparation of bid packages for vendor partners as well as general coordination of the bidding process: Creation of Aspera accounts, gathering of all project materials, bid template prep for vendor partners, creation of bid briefs, and other bidding documents as needed
• Assist in gathering availability information for VFX show side keys (Freelance VFX Supervisors/VFX Producers)
• Prepare agendas and presentations for management meetings; coordinate meeting summaries; ensure distribution to appropriate executives; monitor and/or follow up on items
• Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements
• Compile, distribute, and store production documents (e.g., contracts, call sheets, calendars, vendor lists, reports and schedules) on the studio network
• Track and process approvals and production payments with BA, Legal, and Finance
• Maintain a checklist for each show to ensure major milestones are met (e.g. budget lock, budget approval, kick-off calls, deliverables, international filming activity, etc.)
• Facilitate communication with the show level and studio departments (e.g. casting, business affairs, legal, finance, PR/marketing, etc.)
• Coordinate kick-off calls with development for each individual project
• Update and distribute studio contact lists and ensure that they are managed per studio requirements.
• Maintain relationships with vendors, studio and show level counterparts
• Track show wrap-out memos and storage facilities for asset transfer and disposal as needed
• Assist and facilitate general requests and communication to ensure shows are following studio guidelines and procedures.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2 years of experience as an assistant at a studio or production company
• 1 years of on-set physical production experience
• 2 years of on-set experience as a production coordinator or 2 years of experience in an executive/administrative assistant position.