Visual Effects Executive
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Visual Effects Executive
Amazon Studios is looking for a seasoned, dynamic Visual Effects Executive to support global production efforts on Originals series and movies. Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
The Visual Effects Executive will be responsible for overseeing the budgets, schedules, and overall visual effects plans for a slate of projects. The position will work closely with internal partners, including Post-Production, Business Affairs, and Creative Development teams. The chosen candidate will also construct organized system architecture, and develop coordinated workflows, that curate both projects and the department.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the Global Head of VFX in building a robust departmental structure that oversees the visual effects needs on a demanding slate of multi-genre programming.
• Collaborate with production, creative, and finance in greenlighting and prepping projects.
• Create VFX breakdowns from scripts, storyboards, and pre-vis; working alongside the line producer and director to develop a production plan.
• investigate emerging technology and how to apply it to projects in order to achieve creative goals; and perform statistical analysis to understand financial implications and cost efficiencies.
• Develop department databases to track vendor costs, project financial snapshots, and talent availability pools.
• Collaborate with Amazon production technology and AWS to create and provide cloud hosting for department and show databases.
• Oversee the development of custom pipelines when necessary for projects with specific creative and/or technological needs (including new technology) in collaboration with Amazon's engineering teams and existing, turn-key solutions.
• Develop an asset management system for the VFX department that can organize and distribute assets to shows, departments, and projects as needed.
• Help recruit VFX teams such as VFX supervisors, producers, production supervisor, coordinators, and editors; negotiate deals and contracts with agents and individuals.
• Work with VFX production teams to bid out shows, vet vendor-side teams, and award work. Collaborate with the legal team on vendor contracts, including delivery milestones, rebate minimums, asset ownership, and credit allocations.
• Manage weekly cost report tracking with VFX producers to track the overall VFX budget.
• Work with our VFX producers and the studio VFX team to develop an internal weekly reporting system.
• Coordinate with internal teams to provide information and creative content that supports marketing, product placement, promotions, and publicity.
• Manage weekly delivery reporting with VFX producers to keep shows on schedule.
• Review VFX finals to ensure quality of delivered work and attend reviews as necessary.
• Identify potential production problems and work with VFX teams and the studio to resolve while preserving and achieving creative goals.
• Collaborate with the creative executives, music, physical production, and post departments to develop a workflow process that allows all departments to share information.
• If needed and on occasion, act as VFX Producer for projects in development, and for smaller projects during production and post.
• Establish and maintain talent relations across the globe.
• 5 years of experience as Visual Effects Executive or the equivalent.
• 10 years of experience in big-budget films and or/series, preferably in heavy visual effects arenas.
• Currently manage a slate of shows.
• Direct experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills