Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Please include your online portfolio URL on your resume to be considered.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Amazon Video (AV) is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take the service to new heights.
The Amazon Studios team is chartered to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. The team is responsible for bringing popular TV and movies to their customers and introducing distinctive, critically-claimed award-winning originals like Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle and ground-breaking, popular shows like The Man in the High Castle.
As a UX Designer for the Amazon Studios Product & Technology team, you will be responsible for defining and re-defining the customer experience for the Studios' applications. This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, product, and project management to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
• 5 years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• 3 years of professional experience as an interactive designer/user experience designer; expertise in human-computer interaction
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• User experience design skill set including data-driven analytics capabilities, and a working understanding of web application technologies
• Superior planning skills to stay one step ahead of the work – you can model needs against high level roadmaps to make fact-based recommendations to management about staffing levels.
• Experience working cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
• Professional portfolio of design that demonstrates creativity, problem-solving, and ability to ship
• A strong set of principles, practices, and philosophies that span business, technology, and design and the ability to use and present them with eloquence and precision.
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
• Experience designing for multiple modalities and domains
• Ability to perform data analysis
• Experience with agile/scrum/Kanban
• Experience with designing internal tools and information-heavy user interfaces
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.