UX Designer, Creative Engineering
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
This role is based in Culver City, CA.
Please include a link to your online portfolio to be considered for this role.
Amazon Studios is the content development and production arm of Amazon.com. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
The Creative Engineering team works with Amazon Studios customers to develop efficient, end-to-end workflows from production through asset servicing. This includes software to centralize, organize, and optimize the description, storage, packaging, distribution and retrieval of studio media for productions across the globe. We are looking for a talented and passionate UX Designer with a track record working directly with customers to design, iterate, and deliver clear and efficient user experiences for large scale, media-centered projects.
The UX Designer will work directly with customers, and in close partnership with Product Managers, Front End Engineers, and Designers to design world-class media-centric UX and UI designs. You will understand customer needs and develop user experiences across media management, data management, and workflow management platforms across the Amazon Studios content lifecycle. You are a natural story teller with a profound understanding of hands-on design and technology, and balance functionality with form. Prior experience in studios, advertising, or media environments is preferred.
• Capture customer needs and document, analyze, and design solutions that meet their requirements and goals.
• Quickly and iteratively create interaction flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups throughout the design process
• Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications
• Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership
• Collaborate with designers in Studio Technology on branding and common UX systems design
• Proactively mentor and develop other Designers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 5 years of design experience
• An available online portfolio