Unscripted Creative Executive, IMDB TV
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and TV? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Come build the future of entertainment with us.
IMDb TV , launched in 2019, is Amazon's free ad-supported streaming video channel, enabling customers to watch hit shows, top Hollywood movies and more without purchasing a subscription. IMDb TV is shaping the future of streaming entertainment, guided by our mission to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, and making premium licensed and original content free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon Studios, the development and production arm of Amazon, produces original and licenses premium content for IMDb TV, similar to their role worldwide for Amazon's Prime Video. We are just getting started at IMDb TV, changing the way millions of people enjoy entertainment. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios and the IMDb Content & Programming team is seeking a dynamic, experienced executive to further our ambitions in the AVOD space and with original programming, in general. Reporting to the Sr. Executive, the ideal candidate is both a strong creative and invested leader with the proven ability to work collaboratively within specific genres, solving day to day creative problems as well as supporting bigger strategic and production conversations. The successful candidate will be a proven leader who thrives under pressure, and is excited by the challenge of raising the bar for our customers, helping driving growth, engagement and awareness of IMDb TV .
As collaboration is key, IMDb TV 's executive should have a persuasive, clear and professional verbal and written communication style. The candidate must be a big thinker, with the confidence to both defend opinions and collaborate in a highly pressured environment, with the ability to problem solve on a daily basis, with and without supervision.
• Seek out and assess proposals, presentations, decks, scripts, and pitches
• Identify IP and relevant source material
• Proactively source and develop concepts and formats
• Attend pitches and general meetings.
• Work directly and productively with creators, producers, and talent
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Maintain relationships with agents, managers, producers and network partners.
• Liaise with other departments including Casting, Production, Marketing, PR, Research, Business and Legal Affairs.
• Demonstrate creative and business acumen that has been tested across a variety of creative and business contexts.
• Become a strategic partner to other internal teams, specifically IMDb Licensing, Business, Marketing and Prime Video, in supporting the Originals team to operate and deliver against goals.
• Stay ahead of competitive trends and find new ways of generating bar raising content initiatives, driving IMDb growth and awareness.
• Build relationships across departments with key stakeholders to instigate efficient work flows and influential discussions.
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
• 5 years of experience as a creative executive
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• 5 years of development experience
• Bachelor's degree and/or graduate degree or applicable industry experience in lieu of degree
• A proven track record for driving high performance content and growth within a world class content company
• Extensive working knowledge of the US media landscape