Third Party Senior Auditor
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Here at Amazon Studios we are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with long-term interest in Entertainment auditing. Applicant must possess keen logical thinking capabilities and attentive to details. Strong comfort interpreting participation agreements, union agreements, and willingness to learn/absorb new concepts is pertinent. Above average organizational skills are necessary, as position will have a high level of autonomy.
This position will work closely with residuals, participations, production, business affairs, legal, and accounting departments on various projects. Primary responsibilities consist of managing residual, participation, and music royalty audits.
Audit Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage audit request.
• Ensure contractual reporting obligations align with Union Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or Participant contracts.
• Review audit inquiries, gather supporting documentation, propose solutions.
• Assess possible audit exposure with upcoming initiatives.
• Compile final audit response letter documenting Amazon's position.
Residual Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with staff on residual set-ups.
• Lead in preparing ultimates for greenlight and forecasting.
• Resolve guild claims.
• Assist with quarterly reporting.
• Deal analysis.
Ad hoc analysis
, Knowledge, and Experience:
• BA/BS Accounting Degree or Finance Degree required.
• Must have 5 prior experience in audit or residuals within the entertainment industry.
• Previous audit or residuals required.
• Intermediate knowledge of collective bargaining agreements.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, and meet deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation