Technology Senior Manager
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Technology Senior Manager, Creative Engineering
Challenges in digital content security and the introduction of new, paradigm shifting technologies make the world of content creation an extraordinary space to be in. The industry is about to undergo a technology-driven revolution and Amazon Studios is at the forefront of that revolution. As the Supply Chain Governance Lead on the Technology, Senior Manager on the Creative Engineering team you will be a contributor to projects spanning multiple workflows that address our creative pipeline challenges.
Amazon's vision is to be Earth's most consumer-centric company. You will work within a new but highly specialized team that aims to change the fundamental way studios operates, creating solutions that delight our customers and partners. You will take a hands-on approach to designing and implementing a new generation of Studios Technology.
You will be responsible for solving big problems where answers need to be invented and roads are not yet paved. In order to meet our customer's high standards we hold each other and ourselves to higher standards. You will join a friendly culture filled with teammates that are really smart who encourage each other to learn more. We value diverse perspectives and are seeking leads that can challenge unconscious bias while also working to disconfirm their own beliefs.
To be a successful candidate you need to be motivated by putting your customers first. You don't rest until the customer is happy. You have a strong background around process improvement, are detail driven and have excellent problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You learn from your mistakes and you enjoy collaborating with others. You have a solid understanding of media and entertainment workflow fundamentals and an appreciation of how an IT ecosystem functions.
• Executes strategic plans that improve service, productivity and quality, and that align to the overall organization vision
• Key interface to the customer on all strategic Supply Chain process flow discussions.
• Team leader for medium and large scale projects or multiple smaller projects.
• Drives for results on complex projects, often without direct authority over resources.
• Defines the metrics and sets the standards of success for larger, more complex projects.
• Scoping and analysis of requirements for new initiatives, and identifying the appropriate analytic methodologies.
• Thinks through the analytic methods in use today, and seeks out opportunities to improve their accuracy, ease of use, and timeliness.
• Initiate, manage, and implement efforts with major implications for the department or business.
• Deep analysis of spending/purchasing/demand patterns and proactively identifies areas for improvement, and is expected to act on and potentially implement improvements.
• Establish and maintain effective, healthy, performance-driven supply chain relationships.
• Engage regularly with key stakeholders to ensure these partners get attention, appreciation, and candor.
• Engage with vendors, as necessary, to optimize our integration with them.
• Develop and implement systems of accountability to ensure ongoing, measurable performance improvement.
• Drive the necessary change with our supply chain partners to support our platform and operational processes.
• Mapping creative supply chain workflows across all content types between all the groups within the studio organization.
• Address gaps, needs and solutions that are needed to execute seamless workflows across the TV, Film, Domestic, and International channels.
• Participates in recruiting effort. Continually raises the bar.
• Contribute to hiring and development of new hires and team members.
• 5 years of experience in digital asset and supply chain management
• 5 years of experience measuring performance improvement, establishing KPI's and focus on improving the reliability, availability of key service delivery processes
• A proven track record engaging regularly with key stakeholders
• Demonstrate an in depth understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Proven experience working with technical teams leading enterprise projects, managing key deliverables and addressing any risk points