System Development Engineer, Studios Applications
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
At Amazon Studios Technology, we build applications that manage Television and Movie production workflow from conception to delivery. We're looking for contributors who are excited to help steer the ship by designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and architecting software solutions to execute our long term vision of transforming Studios' operations.
The Studios Applications program focuses on creating apps and cloud-based infrastructure to automate, streamline, and optimize business processes and information workflows for the entire content creation lifecycle at Amazon Studios.
Come work with us to develop distributed systems using AWS, industry standards, and best practices. You will collaborate closely with a team of leaders using agile processes and contribute directly to architectural, process, and development decisions.
Our environment encourages everyone to participate. Our diverse team depends on differing backgrounds and perspectives to foster robust conversations that lead us to the right solutions for our customers. Work-life balance is important to us: your ability to flourish in your personal life directly correlates to your success in your professional life.
We develop our people by providing opportunities to lead. Our leadership team is dedicated to mentoring and coaching to help each individual identify their career goals, flourish, and achieve their potential. We're committed to the success of our people which naturally leads to the success of our mission.
Our offices are located at the new Culver City Amazon Studios location, situated between Downtown Los Angeles and Santa Monica. Come enjoy the weather that's always ready for filming. Spend the morning in the mountains, the afternoon on the beach, and the night at a show. As one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world, there's always a new experience waiting for you.
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain scalable system infrastructure solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for development teams.
• Evolve systems engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables.
• 3 years of non-internship professional system development experience.
• Experience with cloud-based computing/infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc).
• Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch infrastructure services.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team and to interface with peer engineers across an organization.
• Scripting and / or programming experience in Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java.
• Experience with running / troubleshooting Linux-based servers (any distro).
• Firm grasp of networking fundamentals.