Sr. Research Manager
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Research Manager - Series, Amazon Studios Consumer Insights
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Research Manager to lead customer-focused primary research projects in the US focused on Amazon Original Series. This role will allow you to leverage your experience in content research, episode testing, and project management. You will also work closely with Data Science, Development, Production, Marketing and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers. You will collaborate closely with the remote consumer insights team members and continuously understand customer behavior and trends in the US and abroad. This role will also involve you working with Amazon Country leaders as well as 3rd party vendors to insure successful execution of research projects (domestic and global).
• Lead strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources.
• Set research goals, objectives, write surveys, create strong sampling and weighting schemes, analyze results and present recommendations to leadership and creative executives.
• Translate complex data sets into a clear and compelling written narrative.
• Accurately represent, and advocate for, the Prime Video customer in all analysis and meetings.
• Manage title-level research as well as larger strategic research initiatives (such as genre deep dives, audience segmentations, and trends).
• Work closely on high profile series that require extra security protocols when testing
• Innovate on and simplify existing procedures
• Connect the dots between different data sources (including behavioral metrics) and between different parts of the overall Amazon business.
• Mentor Research Analysts
• 6 years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership