Sr. Research Manager - Movies, Amazon Studios Consumer Insights
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Research Manager to lead customer-focused primary research projects in the US focused on Amazon Original Films. This role will allow you to leverage your experience in content research, movie testing, project management, and experience leading teams. You will also work closely with Data Science, Development, Production, Filmmakers, Marketing and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers. You will collaborate closely with the remote consumer insights team members and continuously understand customer behavior and trends in the US and abroad. This role will also involve you working with Amazon Country leaders as well as 3rd party vendors to insure successful execution of research projects (domestic and global).
• Lead strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources.
• Set research goals, objectives, write surveys, create strong sampling and weighting schemes, analyze results and present recommendations to senior leadership and directly to Filmmakers.
• Translate complex data sets into a clear and compelling written narrative.
• Accurately represent, and advocate for, the Prime Video customer in all analysis and meetings.
• Manage title-level research as well as larger strategic research initiatives (such as genre deep dives, audience segmentations, and trends).
• Set the standard for Movies Research for Amazon Studios - adapting techniques to support everything from Awards-contenders and Global Tentpoles.
• Innovate on and simplify existing procedures finding opportunities
• Connect the dots between different data sources (including behavioral metrics) and between different parts of the overall Amazon business.
• Manage internal and external film screenings, both theatrical and online tests
• Mentor Research Analyst and create paths for growth
• Partner with Series Research to create strong cross-collaboration and shared tools
• Build protocols for Movie Testing outside of the US and work to build a strong global narrative in reporting
• 6 years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership