Sr. Production Technology Manager
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
The Production Technology Manager is responsible for supervising all production technology programs covering Amazon Studios productions under the direct supervision of the Head of Production Technology. This will include supporting the broader Production teams assessing the security requirements of each Tier 1 production during the preparation stages and being directly involved in implementing those plans throughout the shoot and post production periods. In this role you will support production technology infrastructure and network solutions that adhere to Content Security procedures and policies. On a day to day basis, the Production Technology Manager will work closely with and provide advice and support to production and act as the first point of contact on technology matters for all cast and crew in the studio and on location.
You will be responsible to manage a team that will design, build, and scale a globally available service built on AWS that is business critical and in the forefront of our customer success. As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
• Build, test, and operate all network systems required to support the productions that are part of Amazon Studios.
• Experience in Networking/IT/Technical film industry
• Experience in working with Cisco or Arista switches and firewalls
• Experience working with Quantum, EMC, or other enterprise storage solutions
• Experience in Aspera and Signiant file transfer technologies
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert providing technical guidance and security best practices for both on-premise and cloud-based networks
• Provide technical solutions to meet the needs of productions with an emphasis around automation, simplicity, and secure network architecture.
• Design/Deploy/Support and troubleshoot network platforms for production and post production locations
• Assist with design & implementation of 10/40/100Gbe Networks, WAN Optimization, Accelerated Internet Delivery, Compression, Real-time Video Streaming, Transcoding workflows