Sr. Production Finance Lead
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/15/2021 4:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr. Production Finance Lead jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Sr. Production Finance Lead postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Production Finance Lead? Sr. Production Finance Lead, IMDB TV
IMDb TV is a subset Amazon Studios which is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Amazon Studios projects include THE MARVELOUS MRS MAISEL, JACK RYAN, GOLIATH, and THE BOYS. We are seeking to fill a lead Production Finance Role to manage titles in this new production space under the IMDb TV banner.
This position will support the production finance and the other studios operation teams of our fast growing film and television studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production accounting and production finance functions. The successful candidate will assist in the identification, creation, development, and integration of innovative solutions, internal controls and financial reporting processes. The individual will also be charged with overseeing the month end financial reporting process, technical accounting research and documentation, and account reconciliation review. This position will team with the operating businesses to develop industry leading processes with respect to studio production finance.
The candidate must operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The role requires a self-starter, who is able to work effectively autonomously and drive projects with the team and cross-functionally with other teams including Creative, Development, Production, Legal and Business Affairs, Finance and Accounting. The ideal candidate will understand the television and original production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and production personnel.
• Serve as main point of contact between multiple original television productions and Amazon Studios finance team.
• Implement industry best accounting practices for the studio project portfolio.
• Vet and hire talented production accounting teams with the skill set to provide the highest level of production accounting support on shows that are both ambitious and complex.
• Work with show accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Review production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants.
• Document key process flows with an emphasis on improving process controllership and efficiency.
• Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Production Accounting Staff and the Amazon Production team to prepare all financial reports, ensure proper reconciliation of accounts, and ensure production's cash flow and payment needs are met.
• Manage production incentive workflow and ensure receipt of tax credits or cash.
• Manage cash flow and funding processes.
• Create and drive innovative solutions that will enable the finance org to maintain effective controllership in a high growth business.
This position is located in Santa Monica, California.
• 7 years experience in finance/accounting or combination of accounting and business with a significant portion in the film and television production industry. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.