Sr. Manager, Product Management
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Manager, Product Management, Project Genoa
Amazon is developing a consumer-facing AI product that will help Amazon Studios create exciting movie experiences and make content accessible to more Prime Video customers. It presents a unique opportunity to work on cutting-edge AI technology in the entertainment and media industry, backed by the resources and expertise of one of the world's leading tech companies. Unfortunately we can't share any details about the program because it is under a strict NDA. This project has been approved at the highest levels of the company because its innovation has the potential to disrupt several large industries. We expect it to have a global launch and be enjoyed by customers all over the world. When it launches, you won't need to tell your friends and family about it --- they will message you to see if you've heard about the very cool thing Amazon just released.
Amazon's vision is to be Earth's most consumer-centric company. You will work within a new but highly specialized team that aims to change the fundamental way studios operates, creating solutions that delight our customers and partners. You will take a hands-on approach to designing and implementing a new generation of Studios Technology.
You will be responsible for solving big problems where answers need to be invented and roads are not yet paved. In order to meet our customer's high standards we hold each other and ourselves to higher standards. You will join a friendly culture filled with teammates that are really smart who encourage each other to learn more. We value diverse perspectives and are seeking engineers that can challenge unconscious bias while also working to disconfirm their own beliefs.
To be a successful candidate you need to be motivated by putting your customers first. You don't rest until the customer is happy. You have a strong technical background, are detail driven and have excellent problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You learn from your mistakes and you enjoy collaborating with others. You have a solid understanding of software fundamentals and an appreciation of how an IT ecosystem functions.
• Define and build the vision, product roadmap and customer experiences for the Project Genoa.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders, scientists, engineers, product managers, project managers and designers to execute and deliver.
Successful candidates will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. Candidates will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
• 8 years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2 years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• 6 years of experience managing teams
• Proven success in delivering online products and services in a high growth environment.
• Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams.
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Experience handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.