Sr. Drama Exec
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/19/2021 8:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr. Drama Exec jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Sr. Drama Exec postings
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are currently seeking an experienced Head of Drama Series to lead our Series originals _ drama team. You will have experience in both Series, development and production, and the ability to identify material, talent and give creative guidance and feedback to top level writers and directors on outlines, scripts, and cuts. Using your comprehensive knowledge of top tier film and premium television talent, you will leverage your previous industry relationships and develop new ones. You will be joining a self-motivated, passionate and collaborative team environment.
• Oversees every aspect of assigned series. This includes the reading and evaluation of weekly material regarding concept, character development, character definition, story structure, humor and dialogue.
• Evaluates daily script revisions and dailies of drama series.
• Discuss and consider agency submissions for drama writing staffs, as well as episodic directors
• Attend weekly staff meetings and create weekly status reports, keeping management updated and informed of all show related matters.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Recruit new creative talent.
• Work with writers to develop stories and scripts.
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Serve as primary liaison between the scripted department and all other departments
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• 9 years of experience as a creative executive
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production