Sr. Drama Exec
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are currently seeking an experienced Head of Drama Series to lead our Series originals _ drama team. You will have experience in both Series, development and production, and the ability to identify material, talent and give creative guidance and feedback to top level writers and directors on outlines, scripts, and cuts. Using your comprehensive knowledge of top tier film and premium television talent, you will leverage your previous industry relationships and develop new ones. You will be joining a self-motivated, passionate and collaborative team environment.
• Lead the Drama Series team to ensure excellent content that will delight customers on an on-going basis
• Recruit new creative talent that is exciting, surprising, inclusive and diverse
• Work with writers to shape successful multi-seasons of a show
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Serve as primary liaison between the Series department and all other departments
• Contribute original, innovative ideas
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• 9 years of experience as a creative executive
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production