Sr Creative Director
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Prime Video is seeking an exceptional and passionate 360° Sr. Creative Director to lead and create innovative, awards-winning and effective marketing campaigns that drive viewership of our original series. The ideal candidate would be a creative visionary with the ability to craft thoughtful, premium and best-in-class marketing campaigns that connect with customers across all channels. This creative leader must have prior experience in genre and/or franchise marketing and be an expert in AV, print, social and experiential.
• Personally, ideate and develop innovative long-lead franchise marketing campaigns that tell stories, connect with customers, and drive viewership of our highest priority original series.
• Have a strong POV and creative vision along with a clear, concise ability to provide direction to internal and external partners.
• Craft high-level creative briefs and presentation decks, along with sketches and comps that communicate concepts and campaigns
• Drive consensus for your campaign by clearly articulating your creative strategy and presenting concepts to peers, senior management, Studios and executive producers/show runners.
• Solve for business, customer, and stakeholder requirements while building creative that is breakthrough.
• Think across platforms, mastering the idiosyncrasies of each and create tailored content across channels that help drive marketing objectives.
• Strive to create first-to-market ideas that raise the bar.
• Elevate the creative output of internal resources as well agency partners to ensure that all marketing assets meet a high level of creativity, innovation and brand association
• Manage highly visible and complex projects that have wide impact across the business and that span multiple teams and platforms
• Effectively direct and manage the development of all creative assets for marketing campaigns including trailers, TV spots, key art, print, OOH, digital, social, merchandising and experiential with a large degree of autonomy
• Forecast resourcing needs and work with key stakeholders to drive a schedule for projects while prioritizing and using resources effectively
• Approve creative and manage blockers or obstacles in the process.
• Identify and implement appropriate processes to insure an efficient and effective workflow
• Facilitate meetings with all levels of management both internal and external
• Allocate, manage and track budgets for creative asset development
• Lead the execution of key campaign creative assets within budget and on-time
• Coach and mentor the creative team and provide support and leadership for the entire POD
• Promote collaboration with internal stakeholders and foster positive agency relationships to achieve high-level outcomes
• Work with senior leadership to create policies and procedures, best practices that impact the broader department
• Proactively work to solve problems and communicate to senior management, and actively seek clarification when there is ambiguity
• 10 years of entertainment experience with expertise in AV, print, digital, social, branding and design
• Lead campaign(s) for major fantasy genre IP
• Developed campaign for global launch with unique creative in territory
• A strong portfolio of work showing creative innovation with the ability to articulate big and breakthrough ideas in print, outdoor, AV, social, digital, events and experiential
• Deep knowledge of storytelling, world-building and the customer journey
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Creative writing skills
• Proven success in creative project management and execution across all forms of media, print, video, social and digital mass media.
• Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sharp attention to detail
• Bachelor's degree
ABOUT AMAZON STUDIOS
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a disrupter in the entertainment industry and our goal is to entertain audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Fleabag, Transparent, Goliath, Mozart in the Jungle and The Man in the High Castle, along with original hits like Jack Ryan, The Boys, Carnival Row, Good Omens, Homecoming, The Grand Tour, Sneaky Pete, Goliath, Bosch, Catastrophe and All or Nothing. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Wishenpoof, Stinky & Dirty, Just Add Magic, Kicks, Lost In Oz and American Girl Specials, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• 8 years of creative services experience
• Experience defining the workflow within a marketing, production, or creative department or company
• Experience working at or with a creative or advertising agency, network, streaming service, or studio
• Experience building strategic relationships with stakeholders, including communicating and collaborating across teams and functions
• Experience working with digital asset management tools
• Experience leading process improvements and/or operations tool implementations (e.g. digital asset management tool)
• Experience managing direct reports
• Bachelor's Degree