Sr. Content Acquisition Manager
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are currently seeking an analytical and motivated candidate to join our Prime Video licensing team in Los Angeles. You will be responsible for managing and executing content acquisition strategy for TV and Movies on our Prime Video service. You should feel comfortable operating in a results-oriented environment and have the ability to establish relationships with business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of analyses. In addition to extensive experience with quantitative analysis, the ideal candidate is a critical thinker who has an attention to detail and dives deep to find the root cause of problems and an ability to juggle multiple priorities.
• Develop and execute the content acquisition strategy for Prime Video, monitor content performance and continuously improve our content offering for customers.
• Use customer behavior, usage and consumption data to inform decision-making
• Creating mechanisms and building new ways to better optimize our licensed content portfolio for customers
• Drive continuous improvement in all operational aspects of Amazon's relationship with its digital content suppliers
• Manage all aspects of content negotiations regarding content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
• Work with in-house and external legal counsels
• Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas within Amazon Prime Video
• Maintain a can-do attitude and a willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
• 7 years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience using Excel
• Experience negotiating license and/or business development agreements
• Experience in quantitative anlysis (e.g. ability to work with large data sets and develop complex Excel models)
• Experience converting insights into strategy and communicating complex ideas clearly and logically in written communication