Sr. Brand Strategy Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Prime Video is looking for a driven and talented creative, analytical, and results-oriented Sr. Brand Strategy Manager to lead the strategic development and execution of brand plans and communications for Prime Video. If you have a deep understanding of global brand building and a record of success in developing and executing customer-obsessed/insights-driven marketing and communications programs, this could be the job for you. This role will partner closely with the Consumer Insights team and the Brand Creative team to define and implement cohesive brand strategies, messaging frameworks, and integrated campaign plans that advance the business and the brand across all marketing channels. It requires an ability to see the big picture, while building roadmaps and processes to scale; rolling up sleeves and executing in a fast-paced environment. It will involve a wide range of diverse projects that require extensive market research, analysis, data interpretation, business writing, and project management. This individual will be based in Santa Monica.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Leverage consumer insights to design and implement global brand strategies, including brand and product positioning, brand messaging, hierarchy, and communications to build brand awareness and consideration and drive business goals
• Aid in establishing the global vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Prime Video brand and brands within its portfolio
• Develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns, activations, and toolkits to support the Prime Video brand and strategic product launches.
• Write and communicate briefs for use by internal teams and external partners that distill customer insights, business objectives, and success criteria into actionable creative development.
• Partner with Consumer Insights and Research teams to perform market research, ongoing business tracking, and monitor and analyze brand health and key performance metrics, providing regular updates and analysis and proposing modifications as identified by business needs.
• Identify and refine target audience(s), regularly monitoring relevance of that target and identifying strategies and tactics to engage and connect our brands to our customers.
• Collaborate and work across multiple stakeholders, teams, and departments within Amazon, Prime, Amazon Studios, and external agencies and partners.
• Work closely with domestic and international teams to ensure alignment with the overall global strategy; define and communicate modifications based on local market needs.
• Gather data, formulate insights, and articulate verbally/in writing the strategic opportunities and issues that impact the business.
• Manage short-term and long-term projects alike; with an ability to dive deep to surface any and all issues that allow us to gather insights, solve problems, and further our business.
• 5 years of marketing experience
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Bachelor's degree required in business, English, marketing, communications, finance, or related fields
• 10 years of relevant work experience with direct-to-consumer marketing in brand management, marketing, or communications strategy role; entertainment or media organization preferred
• Excellent strategic customer-focused thinking skills; experience using data and metrics to back up assertions of business value
• Track record of building strong global brands
• Possess a deep understanding of the various functional aspects of a marketing organization, plus digital/social media landscapes
• Deep understanding and knowledge of the entertainment industry and entertainment marketing; category, brand, and portfolio strategy experience with entertainment or media brand preferred
• Strong analytical skills. Able to synthesize information and formulate synopses, identify issues, turn insights into actions, and propose solutions in written documentation is a vital component to the job
• Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to interact at senior levels of the organization
• Cross-functional experience leading teams/managing multiple agencies and establishing process to drive initiatives forward
• Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even when at times it is outside the scope of the job; previous experience at a start-up or possess start-up mentality
• Nimble, resourceful, accurate, and detail-oriented; thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments
• Strong project management skills – ensure project milestones are met according to commitments; ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of project types that vary in scope and scale and excel in a lean work environment
• Positive, can-do attitude with strong initiative and follow through
• MBA preferred
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.