Software Development Manager - Creative Engineering
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Development Manager - Creative Engineering jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Software Development Manager - Creative Engineering postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Development Manager - Creative Engineering? New challenges in content creation and digital content security make the entertainment world an extraordinary place to be as a Software Development Manager. Amazon Studios is at the forefront of a technology-driven revolution, and as a leader on the Creative Engineering team, you will manage a team of Software Engineers to effectively deliver projects that enable ingestion, cataloging, delivery and quality control of video assets.
Amazon's vision is to be the Earth's most consumer-centric company. You will work within a new, highly specialized team that aims to streamline the creative pipeline operations, creating solutions that delight our customers and partners. You will take a hands-on approach to designing and managing the implementation of a new generation of Studios Technologies.
You will join a friendly culture filled with team members that are really smart who encourage each other to learn. You will grow as an individual and leader, and in turn will invest in your team by coaching, mentoring and creating new processes to help your team thrive. You will be responsible for solving big problems where roads have not yet been paved.
You will need an experienced technical background, attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You enjoy fostering leadership in others and gaining the trust and respect of your peers.
To be a successful candidate you must be motivated by putting your customers first; you don't rest until the customer satisfaction is achieved. Most of all, you understand the value of merging Technology with Entertainment and are always thinking of new ways to delight our customers.
• 7 years of relevant engineering experience
• 3 years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3 years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C , C#, Java