Software Development Engineer - Creative Engineering
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
You will be responsible for solving big problems where answers need to be invented and roads are not yet paved. In order to meet our customer's high standards we hold each other and ourselves to higher standards. You will join a friendly culture filled with teammates that are really smart who encourage each other to learn more. We value diverse perspectives and are seeking engineers that can challenge unconscious bias while also working to disconfirm their own beliefs.
To be a successful candidate you need to be motivated by putting your customers first. You don't rest until the customer is happy. You have a strong technical background, are detail driven and have excellent problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You learn from your mistakes and you enjoy collaborating with others. You have a solid understanding of software fundamentals and an appreciation of how an IT ecosystem functions.
• 2 years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 1 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3 years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C , C#, Java
Challenges in digital content security and the introduction of new, paradigm shifting technologies make the world of content creation an extraordinary space to be in. The industry is about to undergo a technology-driven revolution and Amazon Studios is at the forefront of that revolution. As a Software Development Engineer on the Studios Technology Creative Engineering team you will be a technical contributor to projects spanning multiple engagements that address our creative workflow challenges.
Amazon's vision is to be Earth's most consumer-centric company. You will work within a new but highly specialized team that aims to change the fundamental way studios operates, creating solutions that delight our customers and partners. You will take a hands-on approach to designing and implementing a new generation of Studios Technology.