Software Development Engineer - Amazon Studios
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Do you want to help shape the future of television using your software skills? Amazon Studios' unique approach is disrupting the entertainment industry with fan and award favorites like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Jack Ryan, The Boys and many others.
With a passion for all things television and transformative data insights, Amazon Studios Data Engineering has built and continues to evolve a robust infrastructure that predicts, models and tracks success at every stage of production: from concept, through production, release and beyond. Our team is uniquely situated at the crossroads of creativity, data-driven decisions, customer experience and statistical analytics.
The tools you build will help drive and define the future of television and movie content for millions of customers around the world.
---Ownership: Deliver Results---
As a Software Engineer, you will be architecting, implementing and supporting data-driven applications and services to support teams across Amazon Studios. This includes research, finance, strategy, marketing and production teams. Your solutions will be stable, scalable and secure, while leveraging internal services, third-party APIs and managing data from a variety of sources across the entertainment industry and the world.
Excellent communication skills are a must as the candidate will work closely with teams of diverse skills, mindsets and backgrounds. Amazon engineers are capable of much more than just thinking in terms of lines of code.
The position is located in beautiful Culver City, California.
• 2 years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 1 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations