Senior Talent Marketing Manager, Prime Video
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Prime Video is looking for a Senior Talent Marketing Manager to join our Prime Video team. In this role, you are the chief ''evangelist'' of the Amazon products & services, educating and energizing entertainment creators about the benefits of becoming part of our large scale, differentiated, global content offering. You will understand how to bridge quantitative inputs (the science) with the qualitative characteristics of content, creators and talent (the art), and you will be expected to use those skills to help engage talent in our marketing initiatives and encourage talent to work with Amazon Studios. She/He will serve as an Amazon expert voice for Prime Video, including the Studios, Brand, Digital, Channel, O&O and PR teams to successfully engage talent in our marketing campaigns and drive incremental consumer engagement, consideration and video streams.
From award winning shows like Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle and the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Amazon is building a world class entertainment offering, and we are looking for someone who has a deep entertainment marketing background who can support our growth. She/He has worked with both senior business executives and A-list talent of all different styles and motivations, and rapidly consumes the latest entertainment trends and behaviors to stay on top of what's relevant to our customers while being passionate and curious about the growing streaming entertainment landscape for Amazon. This person should be excited to grow Amazon and Prime Video into the best place for creators to work, and deliver key Prime Video business plans that create breakthrough talent marketing campaigns in both broadcast and digital media to drive key Prime brand engagement and business metrics.
In this role, this person will work closely with our teams across Brand & Digital Marketing, Amazon Studios, PR, and Amazon owned and operated sites, across all content programming genres, to establish marketing best practices and innovate how we work with talent and their representatives. As a partner with the Amazon Studio development and Prime Video Marketing teams, you will have a deep understanding of the marketing tools and channels that engage entertainment audiences, the competition, and consumer consumption trends, as well as having strong relationships with talent in the entertainment industry. This role will act as a brand marketer and businessperson, ensuring that Amazon and Prime Video is always considered a key destination for new shows and talent. You will ensure that the talent becomes part of the integrated marketing and promotional campaigns for their shows and films across both offline and online channels.
• Partnering with key cross functional teams to influence successful, measurable marketing ideas & plans in order to drive Prime Video Originals advertising breakthrough, while integrating talent participation in our advertising, O&O channels and events.
• Become an expert in the benefits of the Amazon products & services to our entertainment partners, including Amazon's differentiated global audience reach, engaging devices, audience segments, personalization and merchandising.
• Develop and maintain direct relationships with A-list creators, content Studios, and talent management; success will in part be measured by the talents' participation in Prime Video's marketing process and satisfaction with Prime Video.
• Ensure talent commitments to create digital media content for social and O&O channels and the talents' engagement to promote their Original content as well as the Prime Video service.
• Build strong relationships and become a critical partner to the internal Prime Video Studio show leads, Marketing brand leads, PR leads.
• Partner with the Studios team and Prime Video Marketing to source social media content (including fan content) for Prime Video branded executions.
• Partner with Marketing and PR to gain commitments from talent for paid appearances including social media and promotional events as well as licensing for box art and graphic animation.
• Partner with Marketing to influence differentiated marketing plans that optimize talent skills.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of marketing experience
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• 5 years of entertainment experience in a talent agency, marketing agency, studio, PR agency, TV network or production setting.
• Experience successfully integrating talent into marketing programs; a portfolio of work that shows your ability to help drive breakthrough talent integration in social and promotional campaigns.
• Experience elevating brands and building strong entertainment industry credibility with actors, directors, producers and Studios.
• Experience building effective marketing plans and entertainment product launch strategies.
• Experience identifying new business opportunities in entertainment and bringing those opportunities to a successful close.