Senior Software Development Engineer
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers around the world watch movies and TV shows, with thousands of titles available on an unlimited basis through Prime Video, all on hundreds of devices, including Kindle Fire, Fire TV and Stick, iPads, smart phones, smart TVs and game consoles. This catalog includes award-winning Amazon Original titles produced by Amazon Studios. Our teams are committed to delivering highly compelling content via the highest quality customer experience across all devices and locales.
This is a unique role in which you will oversee Prime Video projects and interface with Amazon Studios teams. You will lead the development and deployment of Amazon Originals projects. This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with internal partners, engineering, project management, and design to support Amazon Originals.
We are looking for an analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented individual who will be able to demonstrate an ability to work with multiple internal engineering teams, has strong technical judgment, exceptional attention to detail, great communication skills, and a deep motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Own the development and deployment of multiple projects and tools
• Drive projects that span internal development and marketing teams as well as external partners
• Collaborate with senior engineering managers and engineers to architect and develop the best technical approach, delivering value quickly to customers
• Own and communicate technical architecture and implementation
• Be a guardian of top notch customer experience, engage with other teams in the company, and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals
• 4 years of professional software development experience
• 3 years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 2 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field