Senior Program Manager, Us / Global Original Scheduling
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Amazon Video (AV) is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take the service to new heights.
The Prime Video Content team is chartered to produce original content (through Amazon Studios) and license studio programs worldwide in service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. The team is responsible for bringing popular TV and movies to their customers and introducing distinctive, critically-claimed award-winning originals like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle and ground-breaking, popular shows like Jack Ryan, The Man in the High Castle, Homecoming and Hanna.
We are seeking a Program Manager, US/Global Originals Scheduling to be a part of the Amazon Studios team. Program Managers at Amazon Studios lead projects for cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a process, project or infrastructure in the creation of Amazon Original content. Specifically this role gather business requirements, document functional and project progress, identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team, assign individual responsibilities, and develop the milestones and launch schedule for shows and work with stakeholders to ensure timely and successful delivery. Scheduling Program Managers contribute cross functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. They rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables. In this role, the Program Manager for US/Global Originals Scheduling will work closely with TV and Movie Creative, Content Acquisition, Finance/Strategy, Production, Post-Production, Marketing and Publicity.
Key activities include:
• Establish TV series and Movie release and launch dates, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve program objectives
• Author business documents and reports to communicate state of the business or recommend new content business initiatives
• Conduct analysis of tradeoffs, financial impact and service level metrics to make optimal release schedule decisions.
• Create reporting and dashboards for key metrics to illustrate progress against goals to support team activities and report to management on weekly/monthly basis
• Work cross functionally with the senior leaders, creative development, content licensing team, original production teams, research, production, finance, marketing and legal departments to document and define initiatives and drive them through execution
• Bachelor's degree is required in business, finance, marketing or related fields
• 7 years' experience leading large scale porgrams/ projects with high impact
• Masters in Business Administration degree is preferred
• A passion for content, brands, digital media and digital video
• Nice to have, but not essential: Expertise in data mining, data management, reporting, and SQL queries
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with business owners to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
• Demonstrated success in leading a team to achieve aggressive short, medium and long-term goals
• Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
• Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss business and technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.