Senior Manager, Content Planning and Release - IMDB TV
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and ? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Come build the future of entertainment with us.
IMDb , launched in 2019, is Amazon's free, ad-supported streaming video channel, enabling customers to watch hit shows, top Hollywood movies and more without purchasing a subscription. IMDb is shaping the future of streaming entertainment by striving toward our mission to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, and making premium licensed and original content free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon Studios, the movies and development and production arm of Amazon, produces Originals and licenses premium content for IMDb , similar to their role worldwide for Amazon's Prime Video. We are just getting started at IMDb and changing the way millions of people enjoy entertainment. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Content Planning and Release to be a part of Amazon Studios' IMDb Content & Programming team. The Planning and Release vertical is part of the Content Strategy & Audience Development team. Together, the team owns the strategic perspective on overall programming and scheduling across originals and licensing. This position will be the cornerstone between creative development, content acquisition, content strategy, production, post, marketing, publicity, and ad sales to drive the most customer obsessed schedule and be the main driver of the US release calendar.
The Senior Planning and Release Manager will draw on cross functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and anticipate and make tradeoffs.
This position will be based in Los Angeles and will require frequent collaboration with Amazon Studios and Amazon Seattle stakeholders.
• Establish Tv and Movie release dates, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve program objectives and audience goals
• Translate service- and audience-level priorities into actionable release strategies for our growing slate of titles
• Author business documents and reports to communicate state of the release strategy or recommend new content release initiatives
• Conduct analysis of tradeoffs, financial impact and service level metrics to make optimal release schedule decisions
• Create reporting and dashboards for key metrics to illustrate progress against goals to support team activities and report to management on weekly/monthly basis
• Work cross functionally with senior leaders, creative development, content licensing team, research, production, post, finance, marketing and legal departments to document and define initiatives and drive them through execution
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, finance, marketing, film/, STEM, or related fields
• Extensive experience leading large-scale programs/projects with high impact in business, technology, finance, marketing, entertainment, or related fields
• Experience with planning/release process and coordination mechanisms