Senior Internal Communications Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is looking for an experienced Operations & Internal Communications Manager to provide Executive-level Support to Head of Studio and COO.
Scope of Responsibility:
Plans, owns and facilitates all studio senior level operating processes for Amazon Studios (e.g. business reviews, tracking grids, etc.), reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. Acts as COO proxy and advances implementation of newly created mechanisms and internal multi-departmental processes, as well as supporting the incubation of new studio initiatives and programs. Works with department heads to ensure that effective inputs are provided for key meetings, to organize and prioritize critical issues for studio leadership towards efficient decision making. Acts as central point of contact between top management and other stakeholders to set sequence of required meetings and decisions. Works closely with Human Resources and executive support staff. Develops major goals to support broad functional and studio objectives. Can approve policies developed within various sub-functions and departments.
Working with senior leadership and human resources, this role is also responsible for designing and implementing internal communications to keep the management team and employees in the company informed on news and issues that affect culture and engagement of employees.
Creating an effective internal communication policy is challenging given the timeliness and confidentiality of a broad spectrum of business information. As a result, this role requires critical thinking, strategic and communication skills (both verbal and written) to work effectively within business parameters and with senior leaders, as well as to successfully motivate the broader employee base. This role would also advise executives and managers in their role in effective internal communication. He or she will be expected to lead, manage and create content for newsletters, internal websites and e-mail communications and work with senior leaders in their presentation of information to employees.
• Bachelor's degree
• 7 years of managerial and executive experience
• Demonstrates track record of development collaborative relationships
• A track record of problem-solving key strategic business challenges in the entertainment industry with breakthrough creative solutions.
• An innovative approach to developing and achieving key success metrics and demonstrated ability to influence successful outcomes.
• Prior experience as Chief of Staff, public relations and communications preferred
• Worked in and exposed to senior level (C-suite) issues, projects and planning, highly confidential and sensitive information
• Excellent writing, oral and presentation skills
• Team player, collaborative and positive attitude
• Strong project management skills - attention to detail and implementation plans
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.