Scripted Production Coordinator
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The production coordinator is responsible for day-to-day support across Amazon Studios' original genre, scripted productions, co-productions, and licensed programs. The production coordinator organizes and tracks each show from setup through production and wrap deliverables. The role requires a candidate with a professional manner in interacting with internal and external stakeholders at the studio and show level. This is a growth opportunity for those passionate about physical production and becoming production managers.
• Compile, distribute, and store daily production documents (e.g., contracts, call sheets, calendars, DOOD, and schedules) on the studio network
• Track and process daily shooting data, approvals and production payments with BA, Legal, and Finance
• Maintain a checklist for each show to ensure major milestones are met (e.g. budget lock, budget approval, kick-off calls, deliverables, international filming activity, etc.)
• Facilitate communication with show level and studio departments (e.g. casting, business affairs, legal, finance, PR/marketing, etc.)
• Coordinate kick-off calls and meetings for each individual project
• Update and distribute studio contact lists and ensure that they are managed per studio requirements.
• Maintain relationships with show level counterparts
• Track show wrap-out memos and storage facilities for asset transfer and disposal as needed
• Assist and facilitate general requests and communication to ensure shows are following studio guidelines and procedures
• Assist production team with travel and other arrangements, as needed
This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
• 2 years of on-set experience as a production coordinator or 4 years of experience in a fast-paced production executive/administrative assistant position
• 2 years paid experience with MS Office
• 2 years of creative, production, post production processes and related workflows
• Familiarity with MMB scripted budget and various MMS schedules (One-Liner, Day Out Of Days, etc.) documents.
• Understanding of major unions, guilds, contractual terms and deal structures in the entertainment industry
• Know how to navigate and cross-communicate within the studio and show level
• Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Even-tempered, grace under pressure and collaborative problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle, and Goliath, along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, Bosch, Catastrophe, and Fleabag. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios also makes original movies; the first, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theaters in 2015.