Production Manager, Latin America Originals
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
The Production Manager Latin America, will manage all productions from third party productions to Amazon Studios in the South American territories of Colombia, Argentina and Chile. You will be responsible for overseeing budgets, schedules, and overall productions for Amazon Studios. The position will include working with Creative, Content Acquisitions, Post-Production, Marketing, PR, Legal, and Business Affairs. This role will work directly with the Production Operations and Development teams in said countries and you will report on the day to day production operations to the Head of Production, EU & LatAm in Los Angeles. You will also evaluate new production related products and provide thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of asset management areas, and asset management including potential vendors, archival solutions and new technologies.
• Oversees all projects in development and production for scripted content.
• Track and process approvals and production payments with BA, Legal and Finance.
• Ensures major milestones are met (e.g. budget lock, budget approval, kick off calls, deliverables, international filming activity, etc.)
• Coordinate kick-off calls with development for each individual project.
• Meets with show production managers, line producers and creative executives in budget and production meetings.
• Is on-set when necessary to evaluate work-flow, budgets and potential problems.
• Analyzes budgets and cost reports.
• Acts a liaison from producers in territory and the Production Executive in Los Angeles.
• Will create and update production charts for projects in territory.
**This Position will either be based in Miami or Los Angeles**
• 5 years of experience as Producer/Production Executive or the equivalent.
• Experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports.
• Experience with MM Budgeting and Scheduling proficient.
• Experience dealing with major unions, guilds, contractual terms and deal structures in the entertainment industry
• Fluent bilingual: Spanish/English.