Production Claims Manager
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
We seek a Production Claims Manager to manage insurance claims for Amazon Studios series and movies productions worldwide. Examples of claims include: Cast, Negative Film, Faulty Stock, Miscellaneous Equipment, Third Party Property Damage, Auto Physical Damage, Extra Expense, General Liability, Auto Liability, Media Liability E&O, Marine, Aircraft, Foreign Workers' Compensation, Out of Country Medical, AD&D. You will work with risk managers and production executives internally at Amazon Studios and liaise with production companies, insurance brokers, and insurance companies to manage, investigate, and evaluate claims issues. You will also evaluate new provide advice on potential risks and issues across production claims management. We seek a candidate with a demonstrated record of proposing and executing solutions that streamline and scale their work.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Report, manage, negotiate, and/or settle WW production insurance claims (series and movies).
• Research, detail and substantiate all aspects of the claim, including necessary documentation such as production reports, contracts, police reports, loss and damage report, medical information, photos, videos, financial records.
• Provide guidance to Studios personnel and production companies on coverage for new claims.
• Design and implement policies and procedures in the claims process.
• Establish benchmark goals and identify best practices for claims operations.
• Engage in claims meetings, claims audit reviews, and underwriting responsibilities with insurance brokers and insurance company adjusters.
• Review open claims with insurance auditors and adjusters to discuss claim reserves, status and closure of claims.
• Provide input on strategic decisions that impact claims settlement.
• Identify trends and areas of concerns to mitigate future claims.
• Experience as a producer/production manager/line producer or experience in production risk management
• 6 years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 5 years' experience in risk management / insurance and claims
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe