Product Manager - Post Production Technology
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the entertainment development and production arm of Amazon. We create and deliver Amazon Originals content for Prime customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Transparent, Homecoming, The Man in the High Castle, and Manchester by the Sea.
The Post Production Technology Group creates technology for physical production, post production, and localization of series and movies globally. We want to revolutionize the post production landscape, utilizing never-before-seen streamlined, cutting-edge technologies. We believe that investing in cloud infrastructure, tools and applications to manage our media assets and workflows enables Amazon Studios to scale its operations and become nimbler in management decisions.
We're looking for a Product Manager who embodies this passion for change with a peculiar take on what technology can do for post production now and in the future. The Product Manager will be assigned to multiple post production technology initiatives by the Technical Product Lead and will run point on a number of production/studio related workflows when building in-house applications and partnering on third party builds and/or buys.
This role will be responsible for deriving business requirements as it relates to product functionality with a primary focus on identifying and solving problems for key post production customers. The Product Manager will outline, socialize and prioritize action items and team assignments as the primary project owner. Candidate must have a strong background in the post production environment combined with a passion for excellence and change management experience. Post production technology covers a wide array of trade skills. This position will specifically focus on studio and production-level workflows involving asset management, content collaboration and security, and cloud-based integration between internal and external stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 5 years of product management, product marketing, and/or business development experience, preferably in a fast-paced digital video environment.
• 3 years' experience in defining, driving and shipping mass market consumer software or services, especially within a studio or media production company.
• Highly analytical and detail oriented.
• Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment with several different customers to consider at once.
• Background in design and ability to create delightful user experiences.
• Ability to collect and utilize objective and subjective input to inform product decisions, particularly in the post production and digital video space.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage complex cross-functional projects through launch while handling many moving pieces.
• Eagerness to dive deep into details, find creative solutions and take responsibility for your projects through completion.
• Ability to understand organizational dynamics, influence stakeholders, and create consensus on contentious and big ideas that change the existing landscape.
• Desire to achieve exemplary technical products that will delight non-technical users.
• Ability to disagree and commit once a decision is determined.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.