Principal Technical Program Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/4/2020 5:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Principal Technical Program Manager jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Principal Technical Program Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Principal Technical Program Manager? Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers around the world watch movies and TV shows, with thousands of titles available on an unlimited basis through Prime Video, all on hundreds of devices, including Kindle Fire, Fire TV and Stick, iPads, smart phones, smart TVs and game consoles. This catalog includes award-winning Amazon Original titles produced by Amazon Studios. Our teams are committed to delivering highly compelling content via the highest quality customer experience across all devices and locales.
This is a unique role in which you will oversee Prime Video Technology projects while interfacing with key stakeholders across business, content, marketing, and strategy teams. Your role will include: delivering large-scale programs for the Prime Video Catalog organization, interfacing with internal engineering and product teams, responsibility for program planning, communications with stakeholders, driving critical decisions and proactively managing risks.
You will own delivery, functional and technical processes that focus on technology needed to build scale, efficiency, and a world class customer experience.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate: driving and launching large-scale technical programs and products; significant experience developing and evolving software development processes, strong technical background and sound judgment, exceptional attention to detail, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a deep motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Deliver projects and programs for Prime Video Catalog
• Collaborate with senior engineering managers and engineers to architect and develop the best technical and operational design and approach, delivering value quickly to customers
• Design and refine software development and operational processes
• Own and communicate project plans, resources, key risks and own the ultimate delivery
• Ensure productive cooperation across internal engineering teams, ,operations and key stakeholders
• Be a guardian of top notch customer experience, engage with other teams in the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals
Position may require travel. (Some travel may be international)
• 10 years of relevant engineering experience
• 7 years of technical program management experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• 10 years of relevant engineering experience.
• 7 years of technical program management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
• Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.