Principal Product Manager
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Programming and Audience development is looking for a highly technical Principal Technical Product Manager who enjoys solving ambiguous and complex business problems that have global entertainment impact. This is an opportunity to have significant influence on the technical drivers and automation of our Consumer Insights and Programming Strategy work flows and delivery of Amazon's key programming and audience initiatives globally.
We derive key insights to improve programming direction and customer obsession for Amazon Studios. Familiarity with Redshift, SQL, Airtable, Tableau, and survey systems will be a huge bonus. Our technical challenges involve a combination of aggregating of preexisting tools and models, back-end software engineering, user interface development, and data lifecycle management. The ideal candidate will draw upon critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A proven record of driving and delivering lasting, large-scale systems is necessary. Using data to measure and enhance our programming and consumer insights products, you will model operational excellence and drive alignment with architectural standards within the portfolio of tools. The person must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus across cross-functional business and technical teams and be an excellent communicator who can articulate functional and technical design tradeoffs.
• Create the departmental product strategy for our portfolio of Consumer Insights and Programming internal applications and tools.
• Build a Consumer Insights product that integrates with current Programming Product work streams.
• Interface with internal product/design owners to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
• Partner with stakeholders to define and maintain a product vision and roadmap and drive the evaluation, selection, implementation, and scaling of technology solutions as needed.
• Drive product prioritization and detailed product definition for the user experiences, interfaces, and features within the Studios organization.
• Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution.
• Work directly with UX researchers, designers, vendors, and internal data and software engineering teams to execute and deliver on the product roadmap
• Research and identify new opportunities for Studios to innovate on behalf of our customers.
• Model transparency and accountability by reporting on product roadmap and program progress and results; drive action planning based on insights
• Ensure solution adoption and success by employing appropriate change management strategies
• 1 years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience with product cycles of 6 months
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8 years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• 7 years of experience leading the work of vendor and internal software development teams
• 7 years of experience using data and analytics to solve business problems and evolve technologies
• 7 years of product management experience with completion of full product lifecycle (from concept through GTM)
• 7 years of software development experience and 3 years of project management experience
• High technical acumen. Can dissect complicated technical problems, simplify experiences and innovate on behalf of our customers
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product