Principal Product Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
This is a unique role in which you will oversee Prime Video projects and interface with Amazon Studios teams. You will participate in developing strategy and vision, and develop product roadmaps to execute on that vision. This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with internal partners, engineering, project management, design, marketing, strategy, brand, franchise, legal, customer service, and executive teams to support Amazon Originals.
We are looking for an analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented individual who will be able to demonstrate an ability to set and communicate vision, work across marketing and engineering teams, has strong technical and staffing judgment, exceptional attention to detail, great communication skills, and a deep motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Own the vision and roadmap for products
• Drive projects that span internal development and marketing teams as well as external partners
• Collaborate with senior engineering managers and engineers to architect and develop the best technical and operational design and approach, delivering value quickly to customers
• Own and communicate roadmap
• Ensure smooth cooperation amongst internal teams and stakeholders
• Be a guardian of top notch customer experience, engage with other teams in the company, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals
Position may require travel. (Some travel may be international).
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• 8 years' experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer facing product management role.
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition,feature delivery and trade offs of a product, end to end product delivery.
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
• Experience in delivering high quality customer-facing experiences related to entertainment properties.
• Experience with streaming video and knowledge of the end-to-end digital media pipeline
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Track record of complex and creative problem solving
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Thrive working in diverse teams
• Experience with large media properties
• Experience shepherding award-winning experiential projects
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers around the world watch movies and TV shows, with thousands of titles available on an unlimited basis through Prime Video, all on hundreds of devices, including Kindle Fire, Fire TV and Stick, iPads, smart phones, smart TVs and game consoles. This catalog includes award-winning Amazon Original titles produced by Amazon Studios. Our teams are committed to delivering highly compelling content via the highest quality customer experience across all devices and locales.