Music Business Affairs Executive
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are currently seeking an experienced Business Affairs Executive who will provide deal making services for music in Amazon Studios content. You will negotiate and oversee deals for the creation of original music for film and television, including deals with composers, songwriters, music supervisors, recording artists, publishers, and record labels. You will work closely with Studio legal affairs and outside counsel to assist in finalizing agreements, and handle music-related issues as they arise during development, production, and marketing. You will leverage your negotiation abilities while interacting with agents, managers, production companies, and outside attorneys, and be able to efficiently communicate status and trade-offs with other members of the Amazon Studios team, including Creative, Production, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Legal, as well as Amazon executives outside of Amazon Studios.
• Applying your comprehensive working knowledge of music issues in film and television, contract law, and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) to support drafting, negotiating, communicating (written and verbal) with our external partners.
• Using your excellent organizational skills, you will be able to collaborate with colleagues in the department and across the studio to build strong internal client relationships.
• Advising senior-level executives under time-sensitive conditions related to our projects.
• Working with clientele through strategic decision making and risk analysis to generate satisfaction in our deals.
• 6 years experience working for a production company, studio, or television network
• 6 years experience in negotiating deals in entertainment
• Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science and JD