Localization Project Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
The Localization Project Manager will report to the Head of Global Localization and will closely collaborate with established Senior and peer Project Managers. S/he will track assigned series production and delivery progress while overseeing the processing of all required assets from third-party production facilities through Amazon's contracted vendors for localization, mastering, and delivery to Amazon's Prime Video (PV)-ensuring aggressive global release timetables are met. S/he will be responsible for: updating and maintaining various schedules, keeping vendors and regional POCs up-to-date as content is finalized, tracking localization and mastering progress, pursuing outstanding materials, organizing assets for final delivery to PV, troubleshooting any upstream or downstream rejections, and assessing and acting on Customer feedback.
The role will liaise between current productions and third-party localization vendors on work related to the translation/adaptation, casting, recording, and versioning of Amazon Originals content for global release-while helping to streamline and achieve alignment across a variety of global vendors as well as internal teams (including Mastering, Strategy, Post, and Production). This position will also work with Localization Billing Coordinators to track and monitor expenditures for all localization related work. For content originating in languages other than English, this role will be additionally responsible for localization into English. The ideal candidate should be willing and able to handle a heavily administrative day-to-day while also collaborating and contributing to process planning and rollouts for future growth potential and efficiency.
• 4 years of experience in a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work on episodic Television (experience with Features is also a plus)
• 4 years of experience with a variety of centralized Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows across multiple regions and languages
• Fluent in entertainment, post-production, and localization terminology
• Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and asset management
• Experience with acquisition and delivery of assets from producing entities to a studio or vendor
• Detail oriented with excellent and proactive organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Self-motivated to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of wide array of media asset types and transport mechanisms
• Experience with both technical and content metadata organization and submission
• Experience with utilizing 3P post vendors and creating schedules from the beginning (greenlight) to end (distribution) of episodic television life cycles globally
• Familiarity with component-based localization and mastering workflows such as IMF or MMC
• Familiarity with foreign languages (Spanish, German, Japanese, etc.) is a plus, but not essential to succeed in this role
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime Video customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.