Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
The Localization Manager will report to the Head of Global Localization and will closely collaborate with established Senior and peer Localization Managers. S/he will track assigned series production and delivery progress while overseeing the processing of all required assets from third-party production facilities through Amazon's contracted vendors for localization, mastering, and delivery to Amazon's Prime Video (PV) - ensuring aggressive global release timetables are met. S/he will be responsible for: updating and maintaining various schedules, keeping vendors and regional POCs up-to-date as content is finalized, tracking localization and mastering progress, pursuing outstanding materials, organizing assets for final delivery to PV, troubleshooting any upstream or downstream rejections, and assessing and acting on Customer feedback.
The role will liaise between current productions and third-party localization vendors on work related to the translation/adaptation, casting, recording, and versioning of Amazon Originals content for global release - while helping to streamline and achieve alignment across a variety of global vendors as well as internal teams (including Mastering, Strategy, Post, and Production). This position will also work with Localization Billing staff to track and monitor expenditures for all localization related work. For content originating in languages other than English, this role will additionally be responsible for localization into English. The ideal candidate should be willing and able to handle a heavily administrative day-to-day while also collaborating and contributing to process planning and rollouts for future growth potential and efficiency.
• 4 years of experience with a variety of centralized Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows and product types, including movies or series across multiple regions and languages, or experience working in the local office of a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work with the same
• 4 years of experience with acquisition and delivery of assets from producing entities to a studio or vendor
• Direct experience utilizing 3P post vendors and technical/workflow mechanisms from the beginning (greenlight) to end (distribution) of episodic or feature content life cycles globally
• Direct experience with a variety of digital media workflows and asset management
• Documented examples managing multiple projects simultaneously, with follow through to meet aggressive deadlines