Localization Billing Coordinator
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
The Localization Billing Coordinator will report to the Head of Global Localization and will track all costs associated with work related to the translation/adaptation, casting, recording, mastering and versioning of Amazon Originals content for Global release. S/he will be responsible for issuing and revising purchase orders, updating purchase order logs, interacting with third-party localization vendors, and monitoring invoicing across multiple projects on an ongoing basis. In addition, the Localization Billing Coordinator will work closely with the Localization Managers to ensure all POs and invoices are tracked, processed, and approved in a timely manner and remain in sync with the production and localization timelines of each series.
Primary tasks include:
- Organizing, reviewing, reconciling, and approving bids and invoices
- Issuing, revising, and tracking purchase orders
- Updating and maintaining various internal systems and trackers
- Reporting information to internal finance and accounting teams
- Keeping vendors and internal contacts up-to-date as content is finalized
- Pursuing outstanding payments/approvals and troubleshooting any issues/discrepancies
- Suggesting and implementing best practices to improve and refine monetary processes
This role will liaise regularly with the production finance, accounting, and strategy teams to provide updates on monthly spending, as well as report on progress for monthly/quarterly accruals. The ideal candidate should be willing and able to handle a heavily administrative day-to-day while also collaborating and contributing to process refinement for scalability and cost efficiency.
• 2 years of experience with purchase orders, invoicing, and tracking of spends via financial tracking/reporting systems such as Coupa and Oracle
• 2 years of experience with a variety of Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows and product types, including movies or series, or experience working in the local office of a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work with the same
• 2 years utilizing advanced functions in Microsoft Excel, such as pivot tables, formulas, or macros
• Documented examples of reporting data accurately and identifying errors or off-pattern entries in spreadsheets
• Documented examples managing multiple projects simultaneously, with follow through to meet aggressive deadlines