Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Prime Video is seeking an experienced and dynamic licensing professional to join the Licensing & Merchandising team at Amazon Studios. This individual will be an integral member of a growing department that works across Prime Video's diverse portfolio of content (Genre, Unscripted, Young Adult, Anime, Comedy and Film) to ideate, develop and deliver best-in-class licensed merchandise for Prime Video customers.
The ideal candidate possesses an understanding of, or experience in, consumer products, and entertainment licensing (including Fashion, Toys, Publishing and Games). He/She should be knowledgeable of the licensing industry, with hands-on experience pitching new properties, negotiating deal terms and agreements, and managing licensees from contract through product launch. The candidate must be a creative and big thinker with a discerning eye for quality and brand integrity. She/He must also have a desire to innovate and unlock new ways for customers to connect with their favorite IP.
The Licensing Manager will have ownership over an assigned roster of IP. He/She will work across their allocated properties to formulate merchandising strategies, identify third party licensees and/or cross-functional partners, drive deal negotiation and manage product approvals through to completion. Additionally the Manager will:
• Evaluate upcoming titles to determine the viability of potential merchandisable programs
• Explore opportunities to strengthen IPs through content and product alignment
• Deep dive on assigned titles and act as a knowledge base for the L&M team
• Work cross-functionally (Development, Marketing, Franchise etc..) to understand priorities and align L&M accordingly
• Support the team by securing and organizing materials e.g., (series bibles, reference material, pitch decks etc…) and source creative vendors/agencies as needed
• Report CP initiatives back to key stakeholders including development teams, show-runners and leadership
• Manage work back schedules and product development timelines against broader marketing and production timelines
• Navigate opportunities through Amazon Studios and internal teams to ensure alignment
• Lead/participate in internal/external licensing meetings, franchise team meetings, business reviews and industry tradeshows
• Submit and track all necessary marketing, promotional and legal approvals – navigating internal processes and systems
• Bachelor's degree.
• 4-6 years of licensing experience at an entertainment studio or brand licensing agency
• Proficiency with deal negotiation and contract management
• Understanding of brand/IP positioning, pop culture trends, top-tier licensed product manufacturers and tastemaker brands
• Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Analytical/strategic thinker
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role