Language Producer English Dubbing
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/16/2021 12:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Language Producer English Dubbing jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Language Producer English Dubbing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Language Producer English Dubbing?
Full Time Job
Language Producer English Dubbing, Originals Localization
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to localize original content and license studio programs in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video worldwide customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
The Los Angeles based, Language Producer [English Dubbing], Originals Localization will report to the Manager, Creative Language Localization, based in Los Angeles. You will be responsible for ensuring that localization of International Amazon Originals content into English maintains the overall creative vision and quality of our original version in both the dubbed and subtitled versions. As a functional leader in the localization of International content for the English speaking markets. You will research trends and developments for English dubbed content, and partner with the Los Angeles-Based team on the overall localization release strategy for all in-territory content. The Language Producer role will oversee and monitor the performance our freelance Creative Supervisors, who review script translation & adaptation, review and select dubbing talent (translators, adaptors, English dubbing directors, casting directors) and manage the day-to-day localization for Amazon content. Additionally, the Language Producer will help to expand the available network of freelancers, to ensure consistent and superior quality across all deliveries.
Key responsibilities include:
• Build out network of Creative Supervisors to support English Dubbing of Amazon Originals content.
• Build out network of independent English dubbing specialists; including directors, adapters, casting directors and recording/mixing studios.
• Provide an initial support or escalation point for freelance creative supervisors related to their quality reviews as needed; escalate creative concerns to central global team as applicable. Provide support and guidance for local dubbing studio/supervisor relationships should issues arise; remove barriers for freelance Creative Supervisor to succeed in all aspects of their role.
• Maintain creative databases of all key creative roles selected by the network of creative supervisors, ensure metrics are available regarding quality rankings of content, enforce contractual details to be consistent with Amazon requirements and collate information correctly to support longer term strategic planning for creative consistency and marketing opportunities.
• Detail, track and analyze creative issues– positive/negative directly related to creative supervisor and /or studio feedback ensuring consistent metrics are collected regarding creative information and issues. Debrief global team when necessary.
• Provide details and feedback regarding standard rates and cost structures for English dubbing to support longer term financial forecasting, project budgeting, and business metrics collation by central team based in Los Angeles.
• Interconnect and grow relationships with English language localization community at large to understand changes and developments for dubbing processes and workflows, to help monitor Amazon content.
• Identify and expand educational opportunities to partner and support the growth of the local dubbing industry, develop new talent (translators/adapters/actors) through training and development programs (universities, film schools, dubbing studio training programs etc.).
• Review Amazon Studios Localization style guide for English Dubbing and Subtitling and provide additional language specific information, recommendations as applicable to guarantee Amazon Language bible is updated to support consistency of translations and Brazilian Portuguese language usage across all series, seasons and characters.
• Research changes and trends in audience preference for dubbing, provide feedback to central office ensuring Amazon Originals Global Localization program is always focused on meeting highest level of quality for customers.
• Willingness to explore machine learning and automation technologies to augment in-person work options.
• Awareness of operational workflows and material needs for post-production and localization.
A successful candidate will be comfortable in discussions regarding dubbing and equally subtitling, as well as end-to-end components of the localization workflow to help to implement global standards and directions. Predominantly self-directed, You will serve as a primary facilitator and liaison touch point between the English language localization & creative entertainment community and the creative and operational direction of Amazon Studios. The Language Producer role may also serve as an in-person liaison for locally produced content to facilitate localization challenges that may arise on inbound International Originals.
• English as first language, both written and spoken.
• Multiple years of experience with a variety of Dubbing and Subtitling localization workflows and product types, including movies or series, as a dubbing director / dubbing supervisor / translator / adaptor, or experience working in a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work with the same
• English language audio dubbing experience based on multiple regional accents
• Primary familiarity and work experience with the in-territory English language dubbing community (actors, directors, dubbing studios) in major cities such as Los Angeles, Miami & London.
• Multiple years of experience directing freelance workers, as well as growing and developing creative teams
• Familiarity with local audience preferences, customs & State requirements and regulations related to localization
• Direct experience working with global teams internationally via distributed workforce
• Direct experience utilizing 3P post vendors and technical/workflow mechanisms from the beginning (greenlight) to end (distribution) of episodic or feature content life cycles globally
• Awareness of operational workflows for domestic post-production, and comprehensive understanding of the link between post-production and the international delivery of content day and date