Jr. Executive -- Drama Department
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Junior Development Executive to work with the drama development team. This role will provide coverage and feedback to creatives within the department. The successful candidate will be able to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the group or other related groups. The candidate will also have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have great organization skills and have the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice.
Key responsibilities include:
• Evaluate the quality of scripts and offer creative feedback.
• Track writers and directors.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Work with writers to develop stories and scripts.
• Support all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Serve as a liaison between the Drama department and all other departments including Casting, Production, Marketing, Press, Research, Business and Legal Affairs.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 3 years of successful series development and/or current programming experience, in TV drama.
• Experience managing series