Head Of Social - Originals, Prime Video
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/29/2018 9:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Head Of Social - Originals, Prime Video jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Head Of Social - Originals, Prime Video postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Head Of Social - Originals, Prime Video? Amazon Prime Video is seeking an experienced, strategic and highly creative individual to lead its global social media marketing efforts. Working to create best-in-class strategies, breakthrough creative content and leveraging both established and emerging platforms, this individual will direct all social media activities to help engage new and existing customers in ways that ultimately drive acquisition and retention of Prime membership through Prime Video programming and branded content. Working collaboratively with the Prime Video brand, media, creative and studio teams, this individual will build and lead a group that will harness the users, technology and the creative power of social media to efficiently and effectively build the brand of our service and individual TV series.
Working to develop robust, integrated social media strategies that drive engagement and advocacy for our Amazon Original Series, the Prime Video service and Amazon Studios, this individual will develop and manage a broad strategy to innovate and set world-class standards for social media marketing. They will develop and lead a team that can create and implement highly sharable content that is creative, attention-getting and on-brand for our shows and video streaming service. This leader will be expected to work closely with the brand, media and PR teams to ensure that social media plans are effectively integrated into brand marketing and paid media efforts, as well as leverage any potential earned and owned media opportunities. They will partner with key social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter, as well as seek out and develop new and emerging platforms that can help us grow our customer base and brand.
The ideal candidate will understand how to use social media to strategically build brands, create attention and generate user advocacy on a global scale. They will have developed highly creative social media marketing campaigns (preferably in the entertainment space) and will have demonstrated the ability to think big and implement innovative ideas in ways that create significant social sharing and PR attention. They will have a thorough understanding of the capabilities of social media and its ability to connect with a wide range of audiences, and how to use those capabilities to develop a range of strategies and content forms that social media users want to share with their networks. They will formulate and implement best-practices, mechanisms and measurement tools that provide enhanced opportunities to engage audiences and leverage the benefits of individual social media platforms, while demonstrating the ability to understand how social media activities can be integrated and activated through other traditional marketing activities in any given campaign or activity. This individual will direct a team that is actively seeking to raise the bar for strategic approach, creative development and execution within the social media space.
You will have the opportunity to build and direct an in-house team, work with agencies, and partner with social media platforms to develop and implement plans. This candidate will have the opportunity grow under the mentorship of a global organization, as they develop and build a team of their own. The right candidate must be able to work cooperatively with other internal stakeholders across Amazon, including business leads, product development and global teams, while helping to install the infrastructure for us to create at a rapid pace and test, deliver, learn and adapt. You will work closely with other team leaders within Prime Video and across Amazon to coordinate and integrate social media strategies and tactics that provide opportunistic marketing opportunities for all stakeholders. The objective is to find fast, efficient, creative and effective ways to explore the multiple dimensions of social media, test new opportunities, and deliver them successfully. The ideal candidate will offer a unique blend of creative instincts, social media marketing aptitude, measurement and executive management skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Own the development of a strategic social media marketing plan and its associated budget across campaigns and channels.
• Work with agencies, publishers, platforms (directly and indirectly) and other partners with the goal to find fast, creative and efficient ways to build, execute and measure innovative social media marketing plans that connect with customers, maximize engagement and create sharing, talk value and advocacy.
• Lead the development and direct the implementation of a wide range of content forms, including video, text, still imagery, animation, live action and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
• Work collaboratively with Amazon teams across business units to develop and execute creative ideas, plans and strategies.
• Own the content development relationships with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and other primary/key partnerships.
• Develop partnerships and productive working relationships with program development teams, talent, publicists, show runners and other related stakeholders to build/leverage networking opportunities and integrate into strategic and tactical planning.
• Provide inspirational and creative and thought leadership on ways to reach and gain attention of target audiences.
• Plan and manage campaign executions, on time, on budget, to scope.
• Work closely with the head of Prime Video media, Amazon Studios research and Amazon measurement teams to integrate and measure the value and impact our social media marketing opportunities.
• Manage external agencies and publishing partners as necessary for that which we cannot do internally.
• Establish repeatable operational methodologies and mechanisms that enable frugal, fast and responsive content development and distribution.
• Build, lead and manage a team of talented professionals.
• Work effectively with other groups within Amazon, especially media, product, traffic and international teams.
• The ideal candidate will be a combination of business leader, visionary, inventor, builder, and operator. They must be passionate about the opportunity to work for Amazon.com and Prime Video and by the prospect of making Prime Video successful on a global scale.
• BS in relevant discipline.
• 10 years' experience in social media marketing and creative development.
• 10 years' of management experience.
• Experience leading small and large organizations (10 – 100 people).
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.