Sr. Lead Production Finance Executive
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/30/2021 10:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr. Lead Production Finance Executive jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Sr. Lead Production Finance Executive postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Lead Production Finance Executive?
Full Time Job
This position will lead the Sr. Lead Production Finance Executive team with our fast growing television studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at a high growth stage and have ownership of production accounting and production finance functions. The successful candidate will assist in the identification, creation, development, and integration of innovative solutions, internal controls, and financial reporting processes. The individual will also be charged with overseeing the month-end financial reporting process, technical accounting research and documentation, and account reconciliation review. This position will team with the operating businesses to develop industry leading processes with respect to studio production finance.
The Sr. Lead Production Finance Executive is responsible for the financial management of our fast-growing scripted TV slate. This role will oversee all facets of the production finance operation and accounting process: from production accounting team management to ensuring timely and accurate reporting of actual and estimated show costs, through final tax credit submissions and show closure. You will be part of a dynamic and creative Production Finance team working directly with our production business units.
This role will collaborate closely with the physical production team on budgets and analyses and is responsible for protecting company assets through cash management and ongoing monitoring of adherence to policies and procedures. The successful candidate will exhibit cross-functional dynamic collaboration with all business partners to provide shows with accurate and timely production finance support towards the end goal of producing great content.
The candidate must operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, the presentation of alternatives and recommendations. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize.
The role requires a seasoned leader and business partner who is a self-starter and able to work autonomously as well as cross-functionally with internal teams including Production, Creative Development, Business Affairs, Legal, Finance, and Accounting. The ideal candidate will understand the television and film original production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and production personnel.
This position will lead a team of 6 people and will continue to build out the team as we grow and scale.
• Manage team of production finance executives responsible for hiring and managing production accounting teams, reviewing production budgets and cost reports, and overseeing multi-currency project funding for our productions
• Work with production accountants and production managers to drive accurate, complete, and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production
• Partner with Production, Business Affairs, Legal, Tax, Finance, and Accounting to ensure accurate reporting of estimated final costs
• Ensure that the Amazon Studios production accounting policies and procedures are uniformly implemented, are in accordance with standards established by Amazons, and are in compliance with collective bargaining agreements and state and local tax regulations
• Develop and improve financial reporting processes, controls, and policies
• Manage external relationships with production service companies and preferred vendors
• Create and drive innovative solutions that will enable the finance org to maintain effective controllership in a high growth business
• Liaise with Production Audit, Tax, Accounting, and Legal to ensure production finance policies and procedures are current and effectively implemented
• Adopt new technologies and determine how best to incorporate into production accounting workflow
• Identify and address problems quickly including breakdowns in communication
• Stay abreast of current and changing industry trends, evolving technologies, and production incentives
• Travel to production locations where our shows are filming to review workflows, organizational abilities, and effectiveness of accounting staff
This role will be based in Culver City, California
• 12 years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or a similar field
• 10 years of experience in production finance/production accounting
• Proven ability to hire, lead, and manage a team
• Solid understanding of production incentives, payroll process, union labor agreements and tax requirements
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Must be very detail-oriented and meticulous in the follow through of documentation, processes and procedures
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex strategic problem solving and analysis
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills with a track record of developing and presenting detailed financial analyses and insights to senior management clearly and concisely
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities and drive results
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage and lead through ambiguity