Head Of Post Production, Series
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The WW Production & Operations team covers physical production, post production, and localization of series and movies globally.
We are looking for a Head of Post Production to lead a team of executives managing post on scripted, unscripted, international and animated series. You will also evaluate, refine and improve internal processes to increase efficiency, quality of content, and operational precision. Exploring and embracing new technology both for execution of post-production and exhibition of content will be critical.
Key activities include:
• Responsible for on-time delivery and on-budget execution of all Original series. Oversee and approve post-production budgets and schedules, and vetting vendors and staff.
• Liaise closely with internal Heads of Localization and Mastering in preparing all series for global release. Regular interaction with production and development departments to assess scope and challenges of various projects is also expected.
• Negotiate and finalize large scope deals for studio services and work closely with internal departments responsible for content security.
• Engage with operational leads in marketing and Prime Video to develop and maintain streamlined workflows and strongly integrated internal tools.
• Prepare and present regular, detailed reports on progress and challenges to the Head of Production and other senior leaders at Amazon Studios.
• Maintain comprehensive content guidelines and delivery requirements that enable the organization to scale.
• 10 years of experience in a post-production environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience managing large teams.
• Experience managing team resource allocation and projecting long term needs.
• Experience with a variety of digital media workflows.
• Aptitude managing project and departmental budgets of varying scope.
• Knowledge of mastering formats and encoding methodologies.
• Experience in various television/film post production environments.
• Experience with multiple genres of scripted and unscripted content.
• Strong familiarity with both domestic and international post production vendors.
• Experience with international versioning and dubbing workflows.
• Strong ability to balance and meet both short- and long-term departmental goals.
• Ability to interface with other department heads and clearly distill post production needs and contributions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.