Head Of Local Movie Originals, Spanish Speaking Latin America
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; Latin American produced hit Amazon Original series Like LOLMX, Un Extraño Enemigo, El Juego de las Llaves, El Presidente, La Juaria, Pan y Circo, movies like Mindy Kaling's Late Night, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are currently seeking an experienced Creative Development Executive within the Original Movies team. You will aid the team in the creative aspect of a film's production, and act as the crucial link between the production, technical and creative teams. You will use your excellent communication and written skills to creatively translating the film's written script into actual images and sounds on the screen - you must visualize and define the style and structure of the film, then act as both a storyteller and team leader to bring this vision to reality.
In this role you will be able to leverage your extensive understanding of the entire filmmaking process, from both technical and creative points of view. Having comprehensive experience within the feature film industry, from both development and production will allow for great collaboration with both authors/writers and artists to develop a successful slate of Movies.
• Development tracking as well as providing notes on submitted scripts, pitches, treatments, and cuts.
• Coordinating and interfacing with other departments including but not limited to: marketing, business affairs, legal, PR, creative, production, and post-production teams.
• Interfacing with all levels of Amazon Studios employees as well assist in communication with external stakeholders and the creative community on a daily basis.
• Conducting research as needed and maintain general tracking of industry players, overall deals, trends and the competitive landscape.
• Sourcing and support of creative projects.
• 7 years of experience as an executive producer or line producer at a film/tv studio or production company
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 5 years of successful series development in TV
• Experience managing series
- Fluent in Spanish and English