Head Of Licensing and Merchandising
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Amazon Studios Business Development team is seeking a strategic, and highly experienced creative individual to lead licensing & merchandising for our Prime Originals. Working to establish and execute best-in-class strategies, this individual will lead all licensing & merchandising efforts to engage new and existing customers. This individual will work with various internal and external teams to achieve strategic goals to build out an efficient and effective consumer product program.
The ideal candidate will understand how to leverage all consumer product categories to strategically build brands and to generate positive customer awareness. They will develop merchandising campaigns across both Prime time and Kids properties and will have demonstrated the ability to think big and implement innovative ideas. They will have thorough understanding of the consumer product business, including developing and managing assets, style guides, the manufacturing approval process, and marketing; all while being customer obsessed by leveraging search traffic data, user reviews, competitive analysis and customer feedback. They will be implementing best-practices, mechanisms and measurement tools that will provide future opportunities to build upon the program. They will identify potential partners, negotiate and sign deals, and develop innovative business models. They will collaborate with other Amazon teams, including finance, legal, accounting, retail and marketing.
• Lead the development and execution of the licensing and merchandising strategy across all categories within the consumer product umbrella.
• Work with agencies, licensees, studios and other partners to find fast, creative and efficient ways to build, execute, and measure innovative retail plans that connect with customers and maximize awareness.
• Elevate the creative output of both internal and external partners to ensure that all assets, style guides, product approvals, and marketing materials meet our high level of creativity, innovation, and brand association.
• Evaluate strategic merchandising opportunities and serve as a thought-leader on new and innovative ways to reach and connect with our customer.
• Manage budget and timelines for merchandising programs.
• Bachelor's degree
• 8 years of relevant senior level experience in consumer products (toy companies, movie studios, retail distribution) with a record of delivering results.
• Strong knowledge of brand positioning, retail business development, retail distribution, and the consumer product manufacturing process.
• Experience managing licensees across multiple categories, including contract negotiation, product development and marketing development.
• Advanced knowledge curating style guides and asset management systems.
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams, leveraging both internal and external partnerships.
• Strategic thinker who can help build franchise plans across multiple product categories, identifying financial targets, growth opportunities and distribution strategies.
• Ability to ensure all products meet Amazon's quality bar.
• Strong knowledge of both the Kids and Prime time consumer product landscape.
• MBA with relevant business experience.
• 10 years' work in outbound licensing of IP, preferably at a major studio or production company.
• Strong experience working with consumer product databases, NPD, SQL and advanced analytics tools.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience managing and developing a team