Head Of Finance, LATAM Originals
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. The Original Content group focuses on ensuring we invest in the most promising original content for our customers and invent and implement policies and procedures to protect the investment of Amazon in original content. We are seeking to fill a key Finance role to be a key business partner with Amazon's Latin America Digital Video team to manage the original content production in LatAm.
This position involves many ad hoc projects, and therefore a successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The right individual will have exceptional Finance skills and strong understanding of Finance & Accounting principles, solid leadership skills and firm business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results.
He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The team needs a self-starter, who is able to work effectively autonomously and drive projects with the team and cross-functionally with other teams including Development, Production & Operations, Legal and Business Affairs, Finance and Accounting. The candidate will need to able to collaborate with business partners both in the India as well as abroad and must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. The ideal candidate will understand the television and original production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and local producers.
• Serve as main point of contact between multiple original television productions and Amazon Studios finance team
• Partner with other members of the Prime Video LatAm team and third party local production services companies
• Review production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants
• Hire talented production accounting teams with the skill set to provide the highest level of production accounting support on shows that are both ambitious and complex
• Work with show accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production
• Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Production Accounting Staff and the Amazon Production team to prepare all financial reports, ensure proper reconciliation of accounts, and ensure production's cash flow and payment needs are met
• Work closely and collaboratively with Amazon Studios' teams including Legal, Tax, Business Affairs, Production, Finance and Accounting
• Manage production incentive workflow and ensure receipt of tax credits or cash. Manage cash flow and funding processes
• Develop/improve financial reporting processes, controls, and policies
• Create and drive innovative solutions that will enable the finance org to maintain effective controllership in a high growth business
Strategic Planning & Analysis
• Analyze TV Series license agreements, co-production agreements, distribution agreements, and other relevant deals.
• Assess financial impact of new ventures or other agreements.
• Independently partner with Production, Creative, Business Affairs, Budgeting and Forecasting and other departments to develop business model assumptions and be able to effectively communicate the modeling results back to these constituents.
• Continually develop and improve forecasting methodologies.
• Ownership of key metrics to support budgeting and forecasting process, as well as monitoring and forecasting for the original television content business
• Partner with Accounting and Production teams to track efficiency of production spend and assist with month-end accruals and forecasting
• Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
• Perform deep dives to understand business processes and their financials impact
This role will be based in Santa Monica, California
Willing to consider role based in Miami, FL or Mexico City, MX
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or a similar field
• 7-10 years of experience in a highly analytical environment in which complex modelling and analysis is performed
• Knowledge of the entertainment and production business
• Must speak Spanish and have understanding of Latin American culture; proficiency in Portuguese a plus
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Must be very detail-oriented and meticulous in the follow through of documentation, processes and procedures
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex strategic problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including great Excel skills
• Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
• Proficiency in financial software and systems including Excel, Access, and OFA.
• Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
• Ability to build and manage models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• MBA from top school and/or Professional accounting qualifications
• Knowledge of backend reporting (residuals and participations) preferred
• Experience supporting new business launch
• Excellent written and oral communication
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.