Head Of Creative Development, IMDB TV
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. We have learned that customer's love IMDb TV, so we are looking for a Head of Creative Development.
We are seeking an experienced television executive to develop unscripted and scripted television series for IMDb TV in the US and potentially as we expand around the world.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in giving creative guidance and feedback to show runners on outlines, scripts, and cuts and is fully versed in top talent - writers, directors, producers, actors. Must have strong interpersonal skills and deep relationships within the industry, and excellent creative instincts on material. For this role, we are seeking someone who can apply their comprehensive knowledge of programming and the television landscape to identify & source development opportunities. Extensive experience building relationships, reading/evaluating scripts. Working in a start-up environment, equally comfortable leading a discussion in a high-level studio meeting and giving coverage notes to up and coming writers.
• Lead IMDb TV programming strategy for originals
• Coordinate and collaborate with Amazon Studios
• Build relationships with show creators and creative community
• Assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches
• Work with writers and artists to develop series ideas and scripts
• Supervise production when series are greenlit
• Primary liaison to other departments including Marketing, Press, Research, and Business and Legal Affairs.
This job will be located in Los Angeles and reports into the Head of Business, IMDb TV
Bachelor's degree 7 years of series development experience, including successful scripted and unscripted series development. Fluent in English. Other languages welcome and appreciated.
• Extensive knowledge of the television and media industry
• Experience working at either a broadcast or cable television network
• Broad network of writers, producers and artists
• Self-motivated, passionate and able to work well in a team and alone
• Ability to work in fast-paced, start-up environment with a high volume workload
• Strong writing and excellent communication skills