Head Of Content Acquisition
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Head Of Content Acquisition, Africa
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is seeking a senior content executive to join our SVOD content acquisition team. You will be responsible for helping to define and to execute our content acquisition strategies with key local and US/Hollywood content partners for our Prime Video service in the region of sub-Saharan Africa (e.g., South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya etc.). You will be defining the content strategy, negotiating deals, evaluating alternate deal structures and efficiently communicating the status and the trade-offs associated with content licensing decisions with key internal stakeholder teams including legal, finance and consumer insight development, production and legal. You will also work with the Prime Video and Amazon Studios teams in other international locales to leverage their learnings/expertise.
The role's responsibilities include:
• Support the content acquisition strategy for all licensed content categories on Amazon's Prime Video service in the region of sub-Saharan Africa (e.g., South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya etc.).
• Oversee content licensing/commissioning negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements for US and local film and TV.
• Build and manage relationships with senior-level leaders at content providers.
• Work closely with Prime Video leadership to develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management.
• Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., marketing, public relations, finance, operations, etc.) and report to senior stakeholders on performance.
• Use behavior, usage and consumption data to inform decision-making.
• Solve time sensitive issues using the range of tools available at Amazon or via your own methodology to improve on our processes.
• Build a content acquisition pipeline for different genres of local and US/Hollywood content – Entertainment, movies, kids across different languages
• Conceptualize content opportunities and partnerships with studios, TV broadcasters and content owners/aggregators
• 8 years of relevant experience in account management, business development, content licensing, or finance
• 8 years of experience negotiating license and/or business development agreements
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience in media licensing models, evaluation metrics and deal terms; ability to understand and devise new models that work
• Experience negotiating complex content licensing and/or business development agreements
• Experience with Analytical and quantitative skills (e.g. ability to work with large data sets and develop complex Excel models)
• Experience converting insights into strategy and communicating complex ideas clearly and logically in written communication